INVITATION TO AN INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
The Institute of Directors-Ghana (IoD-Gh), in collaboration with the International Finance Corporation (IFC) and African Corporate Governance Network (ACGN) wishes to organize an International Conference on the theme “Enhancing and Sustaining Good Corporate Governance: Role of Stakeholders.”
The conference seeks to critically examine the principles and practices of good corporate governance in 21st Century Africa.
Delegates from Nineteen (19) African countries will be present to share their rich experiences.
The conference will be held on the 7th of May, 2019 at the Kempinski Hotel, Gold Coast City, Accra – Ghana.
Special highlights of the conference include;
- Opening Address: HE Nana Addo Dankwah Akufo-Addo, President of the Republic of Ghana; The role of good Corporate governance in the transformational Agenda of Ghana
- Keynote speaker: Professor Emeritus Stephen Adei, Chairman, National Development Planning Commission; The role of the Board in a developing economy
- Appointment of CEOs by Presidents and their Ministers; The harm to good corporate governance; Dr. Kwaku Ofosu –Adarkwa Former Chief Director, Ministry of Communications
- A reflection over the challenges of Corporate Governance practice in developing countries; Dr. Daniel K. Seddoh, Former Chief Executive Officer, National Pensions Regulatory Authority
Two Break Out Sessions
- The role of the board in harnessing and averting the risks of digital transformation: Mr. Kenneth Ashigbey, Chief Executive Officer, Ghana Chamber of telecommunications
- Professionalizing the Civil Service: Nana Kwasi Agyekum Dwamena, Head, office of Civil service
To be chaired by Mr. Tony Oteng Gyasi Former President, Association of Ghana Industries, Chairman
There will be an Induction ceremony for Orientees and Honorary Awards
Guided Tour (optional)
9th May 2019: Kakum National Park and the Cape- Coast Castle
For more details on the conference please contact the undersigned on
+233(0)240714798 or [email protected]
Rev. (Mrs.) Angela Carmen Appiah (MIoD)
Ag. Chief Executive